Last Updated on June 20, 2016.
Bargainator.com PRIVACY NOTICE
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. This information would include a standardized list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
What information does the Site obtain?
User Provided Information – When you register with us or use the Site, you provide us certain information voluntarily. This may include: (a) your name, mobile or residential phone number, zip code, e-mail address, postal address, date of birth, gender, answers to survey questions and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you enter sweepstakes, make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us; (d) information you enter into our system when using the Site, such as contact information which is clearly labeled at the time you submit it; and (e) information you post on our Site.
Information Provided Through a Social Network. When you sign up with Bargainator, in order to use all of the Site features you will need to connect with us using your account from one of the specified social networks, such as Facebook, Google +, or Yahoo!. When you connect with us using your social media account, you give us permission to collect and store specified data from that social media account, which may include your public profile information, name, profile picture, gender, birthday, e-mail address, friends list, and current city. The information we obtain from these third-party services may vary depending on your personal settings or their privacy policies. We use this information in order to provide our services, to present offers that are relevant to you, and to personalize your experience and your posts on the Site.
Automatically Collected Information – When you use the Site, we automatically collect certain information from you, such as Internet addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring and exit page, operating system, timestamps, clickstream data, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, and your mobile operating system. We also track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers. This information is logged and used for purposes such as to help diagnose technical problems and to administer our Site so that we can constantly improve it.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in your browser. Cookies transmit information such as session ID, user ID, and conversion data. This information helps website providers recognize a browser or mobile device and helps us gather information such as how many users have visited our site and which pages and advertisements have been seen and clicked on. We use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to report ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with ad impressions related to your visit to our Site. We never collect sensitive personal information (such as information about your race, religion, sexual orientation or health) from cookies.
Third-Party Analytics. We may collect certain information via third-party analytics services, which may collect your non-sensitive user information. This may include: the information you provide us, your session ID, your user ID, and conversion data. This information provides us with tools to calculate the numbers and frequency of visitors on the Site and to understand how you and other users use the Site so to improve your experience.
- Google Analytics. We enable Google Analytics to support Display Advertising. We have implemented the following Google Analytics features to support Display Advertising: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network advertisements at www.google.com/settings/ads
- Remarketing with Google Analytics. We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. Both ourselves and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration.Both ourselves and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to match you with the right message and show you advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.
- LiveRamp. We may engage LiveRamp who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these data provider cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
How is the obtained information used and shared?
We use the information that we collect for purposes including to provide our services, contact you regarding new promotions, improve our Site, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our customer agreements. We also use this information—directly, indirectly, and in combination with data we exchange with other parties—to introduce you to informational, service, and/or product offerings of Bargainator.com and/or its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, partners, advertisers, select unaffiliated companies, unaffiliated list brokers, affiliate marketers, companies that want to advertise other products/services, assigns, and/or brands that are owned by, licensed by, and/or partnering with Bargainator.com (collectively, “SF Affiliates”). We do this by transferring, licensing, and/or sharing your information with SF Affiliates and hope you will be interested in the marketing materials and/or promotions with which you are presented. SF Affiliates also transfer, and/or share your information with unaffiliated list brokers, affiliate marketers, and/or companies that want to advertise other products and/or services. Once a third party obtains your information, its subsequent use is controlled by the privacy policies of the third party.
Any survey question on any survey page is optional and is not required to qualify for any reward. When you answer any survey question, we will transfer some or all of the information that you submit during the website registration process to SF Affiliates that we believe, based on your answer, may be of interest to you.
Other Data Sharing: In addition, we may share information that we collect with our vendors or service providers who help us operate our business; in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our employees, our web site users, or others; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies. We may also transfer any data we collect in connection with a corporate change such as a merger, our acquisition by another company, or a partial or total sale of our assets (including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding).
Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the advertising opt-out page.
What are my opt-out rights?
- Bargainator Newsletter: You may unsubscribe by clicking the link in the email you receive.
- Tracking: At this time, when we collect information from you for the purpose of tracking your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or frameworks requesting an alteration to our online tracking of individual users who visit our Site or use our services. We may also partner with third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf on non-affiliated third party sites. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information we or the online advertising network serving the ad collect about your online activities here and elsewhere over time.
- Google Analytics: You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network advertisements at www.google.com/settings/ads
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Site and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like to access, update, or delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time. Before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information, however, we may ask you to verify your identity. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Site to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from someone under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Links to Other Sites
To reach the owner of this website, contact:
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Copyright © 2017 Bargainator.com. All rights reserved.